Sunday, October 1, 2006

it's october

Autumn has arrived. It's chilly enough at night that I had to start closing my windows so I wouldn't wake up freezing at 4am. Even though there are three of them, my cats are not an acceptable substitute for the comforting warmth of another human being. Unfortunately, I have no applicants for that position. And even if I did, there isn't anyone (else) I'd want there. That's the thing with fall; the nights are cold, but it's beautiful during the day, with perfect temperatures and breezes and often sunshine. Today is no exception. Why am I inside then? I won't be for much longer... downtown beckons, with it's people-watching and coffee and book-reading and food and and and. I want to transport myself back in time about 3 months so I can do things right. Though it didn't seem like it, I really was happier then.

No comments:

Post a Comment