Monday, March 16, 2009

I'm moving to the country, but I really don't like peaches.

In approximately two weeks I'll be bidding farewell to Athens proper.

No, I'm not going back to Ohio (though that has been a recurrent thought for a while). But I am going for a complete change of scenery and am moving out to Bishop. Into a house that sits on 30 acres, mostly wooded. I will be sharing the house with some others that I've just met (well, I've met one of them. I'll be meeting his wife tonight, and then possibly his friend in a month or so). But it will be cheaper. And quieter. And there is a creek and a pool and a hot tub and goats and rabbits and dogs and chickens and a tractor that will plow up the ground to make a space for some organic gardening and a 5-acre pasture with a giant 'burn pile' in the middle of it that will produce one hell of a bonfire. I will have two rooms to myself, and my own bathroom. One of the rooms has a little deck, and all the rooms have lots of windows and they all have sliding glass doors (though most of them don't lead to anything... I have a feeling that the house's owner wanted full-wall windows, but I bet big ass regular windows are more expensive than a sliding glass door, which gives you the same effect). So yeah.

I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment