Sunday, April 29, 2007

poop on a stick

Today at work, my manager was required to confront a customer and ask him "Sir, did you just call your server a bonehead?". This was after said customer had already shown his ass to both me and the manager for no good reason, other than perhaps having some sort of twisted sense of superiority.

    I inadvertantly brought him a fork that hadn't come quite clean in the wash, and rather than just ask me for a clean fork like normal people do, he proceeds to act like a complete jerk in front of his two kids. He basically had the adult equivalent of a temper-tantrum. This culminates in him calling me a bonehead, and me going to the manager and saying that I'm done with them. Mr. Bossman decides to go chat with him (he'd already witnessed a big chunk of this dude's theatrics, and knew that he was of the unreasonable persuasion) and inform him that he is not entitled to go around calling the staff members names. The guy didn't think there was anything wrong with acting like this. Meanwhile, all the other tables around him are staring because yeah, it's pretty funny. The manager tells him to cool it, so Captain Douchebag calls him a bonehead. So the manager tells him to get out. CD responds by calling him a jackass. Stand-up guy, this one was. I hope his kids learn better habits from their mom. I also hope he's embarrassed for getting kicked out of a restaurant for being a dick at 10am. And most of all, I hope that while we were all laughing at him all day, he's been at home stewing over his tainted fork. And that he's still pissed off about it later on tonight when I'm getting dinner and drinking a beer. One thing's for sure; I'd rather be a bonehead than a raging asshole.


I watched the Twilight Criterium yesterday. I didn't really plan on going this year, and only went to watch a particular person race, but once I was there I remembered how neat it is to watch. There was a huge crash at the second turn pretty far into the race. About 70 cyclists went down, and I believe they just had to sort of start over. When the race ended, there was a lot of controversy over who had won.

That particular person is once again trying to become my friend again, even though I've made it very clear why it's just not in the cards right now, even fairly recently. I still am not sure how I feel about this. We've gone a long time without really speaking outside of work, and I was finally healing. But now he's calling me and asking me to hang out and such again. I don't want to reverse what has taken me so long to get past. I don't know what his intentions are, but I am wary of going there again, even as just friends.

But now, I bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment