Thursday, December 6, 2007

Thursday Thoughts

Random shit.

When shopping for scrubs for my school labs, I noticed something. It's hard to find scrubs that actually fit smaller people. As in XS scrubs (with 'short' pants) are still a little too big for me. I am a small (read: short) person, but I'm proportional, meaning I'm not particularly skinny. So a girl my height who weighs 20 lbs. less would be swimming in my size XS scrubs. BUT- I also noticed that all brands of scrubs came in sizes up to 5XL. WTF?? Wouldn't you hope that people working in the health industry would take enough care of themselves to not be wearing a 5XL? Or even an XXL (women anyway) for that matter?? Just thought it was a bit of an oxy-moron.

Dear Fellow Females: when using a public bathroom, I know most of you are intensely paranoid of what you may pick up off the toilet seat (I know all of us other coffee shop patrons are just disgusting!), so you save your skin and hover when you go potty. Well, then, be a lady and wipe up your splashback because yes, you did splash on the seat. Some of us are too damn short to hover comfortably. As it is, my feet don't completely touch the floor when I sit, so the hover ain't happening. I have to sit. And if you did too, this wouldn't even be an issue. Plus, I understand basic biology and know that it would take some rather unscrupulous behavior on both yours and my parts (literally) to actually contaminate/be contaminated with something infectious. In short, if you must be a germophobe at least clean up after yourself. Thanks.

This is the first time EVER that my laptop has connected to the internet through ERC's wireless network. Usually I get an "IP conflict" error message. Today it connected all by itself. Nice.

All my lab finals are finished. One test and three regular finals to go (actually four; one final I have actually is two finals in one. Goody!).

Yup. Still need a job. But I guess for that to happen I need to submit applications. I was sick all last week, so I slept all my free time away. Next week after finals IT IS ON.

Well, my last attempt at closure/communication/whatever was ignored. Even though the other party was the one that wanted to discuss things further, they then dropped all communication. I guess that gets me off the hook on that one, and off the hook in general...

I'll be going to Cincinnati for Christmas this year, though I can't afford it. I just have to, since I didn't go last year. It's been two years since I've seen my family. It will be nice, but I'm sure they'll drive me insane. If anyone is going to be staying in Athens that week, I will need someone to check in on/feed/scoop up after my cats...

Time for band 'practice'. Which means meeting up at Cutters and 'practicing' drinking beer. Only for a little bit for me...more homework later, though I actually got a chunk done today. Go Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment