Monday, September 15, 2008

the philosophy of me.

I flip over the tag to see what my instructions are: "Dry Clean Only" says the manufacturer, with the frank confidence of a much more infinite fabric wisdom than I could possibly know. Holding it in front of me, I take one more look at the dress I just paid six dollars for at the local Goodwill store, shrug, and toss it into the washing machine to join the rest of my lowly Machine Wash/Tumble Dry class of clothing. If this dress had consciousness, it would surely be aghast at such poor upbringing and distasteful behavior and would just not believe she could ever be mistaken for one of those. Then I close the lid and walk away thinking "Well, if it can't survive this little bit of agitation, then I don't want it anyway.".

No comments:

Post a Comment