Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Am I a zombie? The messiah resurrected? Or just lazy?

Been a while, huh?

While my absence has been mostly due to lack of internet access, there is definitely a separate component in play- I simply lost interest for a while. Not to mention that things are mostly the same day-to-day. There are some new things and whatnot, but this will not be a full update as I just really don't feel like boring all 3 of you who may read this into a permanent comatose state.

I will, however, share with you my main inspiration for writing a new blog. The muse came to me in a series of visions- well, actually in a couple of good old MySpace advertisements on my homepage. Here is the first one:





Um... OK. Wonder what that's about. Doop-de-doop-de-doo fast forward to a few days later. I sign in and see this one:





Dude. Seriously. WTF? I'm no prude, but I do know that they like to try and 'target' their advertisements based on things on your page, and now I'm wondering what in the hell I've got on here that reports me as being some sort of S&M fetishist. I mean, I know that my current profile photo shows me holding a giant horse cock and all, but how in the world does that relate to choking or recovering sex addicts?

So after seeing these two ads in rotation for a week or so, finally this one shows up:





Ahhhh, now I get it. I suppose the first two were in support of the movie advertisement. I guess this is what happens when you don't watch TV or follow movie production/releases. Though I never did click the links on the first two to see what it was all about. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe once again the Mighty MySpace knows more about me than I do...



Here's a brief recap of the past couple months:
- Still unemployed. Need a job. Don't want to look for one. Because I'm lazy.
- School. Yes. Fun. See pics for proof. Starting clinical rotations in a few weeks. Nervous.
- Not working all day on my feet, and not riding my bike to said work everyday has had its effect on me. I've gained about 8 lbs. Bonus: My boobs are bigger. The downside is that so is everything else. Luckily it's not so bad that I need new clothes, I just feel a bit blobby. I am looking at some options that will MAKE me work out... running won't do it because I hate it. I need to take a class or something.
- Speaking of new clothes, I do need some. All my jeans are at least 2 years old if not more, and from riding a bike all the time in the past they have worn out in the crotchal region. I'm setting myself up for embarrassment (or a mighty good time) if I hold out much longer...
- Been spending a whole lot of time with a nice boy. We like a lot of the same things. And he cares about more than his bicycle (though he does like his bicycle, and so do I because it's a nice one and my bike is a little jealous of his). He actually LIKES to hang out with me. He has a college degree. He sometimes buys me dinner and takes me to movies. He will hold my hand in public. He introduced me to his friends and invited me to lunch with his family. He even let me drive his car once. He doesn't belittle me in front of our friends and he doesn't treat me like shit one moment and like gold ten minutes later. He doesn't send mixed signals. He has an idea of what he wants in life. And he's a year younger than me. Definitely an upgrade over my last model.
- Secondary to the introduction of the nice boy was a disappearance of everyone else. Contrary to popular belief, I don't spend ALL of my free time with said boy, and if it seems like it, it's because when I get no response from anyone else, I just end up hanging out with him. I have tried numerous times to spend time with the others in my life since things have for once worked out for me, but anymore I'm surprised when I get a call back, let alone have someone actually answer my call or, god forbid, call me. Even better is when I DO get contacted, but when I respond in the affirmative, I hear nothing back. Like they didn't mean to invite me. I have stopped trying because it's become clear that these people have no interest in me or my company anymore, and well, whatever. Maybe they never really did to begin with unless it was somehow benefiting to them. Who knows? Just shows exactly how fickle people really are, and what their relationships to others are really worth to them.
- It has taken 3 weeks for my left ribs to stop aching all the time after getting squished by a cow. There still is one spot that hurts when pressure is put on it, or when I twist/move too fast, but that is getting better too.

Hmmm.. I think that's about all I can muster right now. I don't doubt that's about all you can take as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment