Tuesday, March 27, 2007

All he wanted was a little afternoon snack

I thought I had finally kicked this shit. That would be a 'not quite', good buddy.

WTF was I thinking? Oh, that's right. I wasn't.

Yesterday I went to Pet Supplies Plus to buy cat food/litter. As is always the case when I enter any sort of facility with animals, I have to look at them all because yes, I think they're all cute. So I've already checked out the reptiles and birds and fish, and am now looking at all the rodents. In one cage, there were three large feeder rats, two which were asleep and the third who was just chillin' in the corner, because what else are you going to do to while you wait to be 'invited' to dinner? Anyway, there was also a fly in the cage, and as I was wondering to myself if the rats get annoyed with flies like humans do, the rat sees the fly, watches for a second, then turns and snatches the fly right out of the air with his little rodent-paws, and proceeds to eat the fly alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment