Friday, April 28, 2006

Sssszzzzz... hott.

So today work sucked. But not for any real reason. Just because it was nice outside and I was stuck there and there was no money to be made... But anyway. Just like the creature of habit I am (or maybe it's just that I'm horribly predictable, or flat-out boring... guess it depends on how you look at it) I left work heading for some coffee/cacao/whatever and either book reading or crossword attempting. I first stopped by Barnett's first to get my traditional Friday scratch-off lottery ticket. Which didn't win me anything, as usual. Oh, wait, I lie. Last week I won a free ticket, traded it in, and lost. But yeah, so on a whim, I also bought a bag of Hot Tamales (yes, bag... they don't come in boxes anymore, apparently. Must be trying to be 'cool', appeal to the younger, more 'hip' consumer. Or something). I love Hot Tamales. If you are ever trying to befriend me, impress me, get me to love you, or whatever it is that people are trying to do when they buy you shit, Hot Tamales are one of the things that will give you bonus points. (Take note...) Anyway, I take them down to ERC with me, drink my drink, and fail miserably at my crossword due to being very distracted by lots of muscular men in very tight clothing. When I have eaten them all, I read the bag and see that there is some contest, the Hot Tamale Hold'Em game, where it's instant and you just look inside the wrapper to see if you've won. So I do, and look!! I got a pair! I won some free Hot Tamales! Sort of makes up for the losing scratch ticket. But the catch is you have to send the wrapper to them with name, address, etc. So who's the dork that's sending that wrapper in for some free cinnamony deliciousness?? ME!! I figure, hey, I've never won one of these little instant games before, and it'll be fun when I forget about it and in six weeks get a present in the mail. So yeah, I guess everyone is a winner at some point. And in two months when I have more Hot Tamales, I might give you one, but only if you're super-nice to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment