Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Proof that college is worth nothing these days

So, I've been really trying to avoid working in a restaurant again. I've applied for lots and lots of job-jobs, and have been depressingly unsuccessful thus far. But, this one really kills me. To the point that I'm giving up. This is the job I applied for:
Title: HIM I - 2ND/3RD SHIFT

Summary: reconciles and assembles all discharged records against his discharge report. scans emergency department and outpatient records. prepares charts for scanning, matching batch header sheets. ensures that all chart requests are processed as requested. all next day surgeries are pulled timely and the chart locator report is accurate. (18918) (15-Feb-2008)

Hours: friday and saturday, 10:30p-7a.m 16 hours

Skills: basic computer skills.

Experience: none

Education: high school diploma or ged

Licensure:

Classification: tech-pro

And this is the result:
The following actions have been taken regarding your application(s) for employment.

HIM I - 2ND 3RD SHIFT
03-Mar-2008 Your application has been reviewed and you do not meet the minimum qualifications for this position.
02-Mar-2008 Your application is being reviewed by HR personnel.
 
 
 
I do not meet the minimum qualifications, which are 1) Be partially literate; 2) Be human; and 3) Be breathing. Let's see... I have a college degree, at least a slightly above-average IQ, and it's obvious I have basic computer skills because I managed to submit an online application. AND I spelled everything correctly and used proper punctuation, which is more than I can say for whoever it was that wrote the application and job description blurbs.
 
So there we are. Watch now as I decend into Minimun Wage Hell once more.
 
 
P.S. Now that I'm broke, I'm selling some shit on Craigslist. If you, or someone you know, might want a Tascam 4-track recorder, a Roland D-5 synthesizer, or a Yamaha digital sequencer, hit me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment